How plaster-based compounds lose water
In hot weather and low humidity, excessive evaporation or absorption by hot plasterboard can cause dry-out before the essential setting process takes place.
Absorption by porous surfaces
Chemical reaction (hydration) to form fully set, hard gypsum
Here are three tips to help you avoid jointing issues this summer:
2. Allow longer-setting products to stand for 30 minutes after missing so they set soon after application
- • Avoid using plaster-based compounds in extreme weather conditions
- • Schedule tape jointing during cooler parts of the day
- • Close windows and doors to avoid drafts
- • Wet down surfaces immediately before applying
- • Ensure ample plaster under tape and immediately skim coat over
- • When using mechanical tapers, avoid excessive pressure or runny mixes
Prepare for the summer season now – click here to download a copy of our Summer Smart Compounds Guide or use our Where to Buy tool to find your closest store.
To learn more about our products, get in touch with Knauf TecASSIST™ on 1800 811 222.