BaseCote™ is a leading plaster-based setting compound designed for taping and basecoating plasterboard joints, angles and fastener heads - including SHEETROCK® Plasterboard and FIBEROCK®.
BaseCote™ has superior joint filling compound characteristics with smooth flow by hand or machine, offering a strong and durable bond with low shrinkage.
Available in 45, 60 and 90 minutes working time.
BaseCote™ is now available in 10kg bags - perfect for small jobs.
For more information, view our resources below.
- Colour: Off white
- Working time: Setting type – Available in 45, 60 and 90 minute working times
- Packaging: 20kg and 10kg bag (10kg bag only available in 45 min)
- VOC: Less than 50g per litre
- Suitable for jointing SHEETROCK® and FIBEROCK® surfaces
- Surfaces must be clean and free from dust
- Can be applied with hand and mechanical tools
- The use of paper tape is recommended.
- For an extended working time use BaseCote™ 90
- Each coat of BaseCote™ compound must be allowed to set thoroughly before applying the next coat
Features and Benefits
- Consistent working times
- Mixes easily to a creamy gauge - soaking is not essential
- Flow smoothly under trowel and from mechanical tools
- Excellent joint filling with superior adhesion, high-strength and low shrinkage