SHEETROCK® Easy Sand™ is a lightweight, plaster based setting type compound formulated for the bedding of plasterboard joints, angles and spotting fastener heads when used in conjunction with Knauf Finishing Compounds. It weighs up to 25% less than conventional setting type compounds and provides very easy sanding and low shrinkage, making it ideal for heavy fills and patching jobs.
Mixes up to a lightweight creamy texture and is suitable for achieving a smooth plasterboard joint finish.
For more information, view our resources below.
- Colour: White
- Type: Setting-Type Joint Compounds
- Packaging: 16kg (90 setting time) and 8.1 kg (20 setting time) bags
- Coverage: 13 kg / 100sqm
- Manufacture: Compound is manufactured to stringent USG Boral product quality control specifications
- Surfaces must be clean a free of dust
- Can be applied with hand or mechanical tools
- The use of SHEETROCK® paper tape is recommended
- Ensure there is sufficient amount of compound under the paper tape to provide adhesion
- Each coat of Easy Sand must be allowed to set thoroughly before applying the next coat
- Thoroughly clean all tools and equipment after use
Features and Benefits
- Easy Sanding
- Resists shrinkage and edge cracking
- Consistent working times
- Easy scrape back